Software Developers (21512)
A top Cambridge company is seeking server, systems and user interface developers for the next generation of their acclaimed range of top of the line desktop and online software products.
You will have:
- An excellent first degree in computer science; a related subject will suffice, provided your CV shows equivalent knowledge of applied computer science through other routes
- Commercial experience as a full time software developer
- Expertise with C#, Java, Scala, Ruby on Rails or a similar mainstream OO language
- Experience (professional or extensive personal interest) with a modern web framework such as ASP.NET MVC, Spring, Rails, etc.
- Familiarity with Ajax, JQuery, Angular.js and other means of facilitating well factored client side code
- At least a basic understanding of “the cloud”: what services like EC2 and Azure do and why they’re useful
- Experience with source control systems (whether single-master or distributed) and continuous integration
- An understanding of TDD, mocks and related tools – when to use them, and when not to
You’ll join a lively and social team of developers, usability, product and quality experts and technical authors. Flexible working and a highly competitive salary with good benefits are available to the right candidate. Recommend a friend for £250 at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Cambridge, software, Windows, cloud, growing company
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.