Senior/Principal Real Time Graphics Programmer (22616)
A rare opportunity has arisen with a top specialist graphics company with an excellent pedigree. They’re looking for a particular combination of shader and rendering pipeline developer, as a specialist to supplement their already skilled graphics team.
Your role would be: working on implementing cutting edge techniques to make real-time scenes have the required fidelity; modelling particular materials with a unique look and feel; and ensuring those techniques are optimised and supported by the graphics pipeline / architecture, from asset creation and formats to display.
Evidence of significant commercial use of these skills is paramount. Your CV will also demonstrate commercial experience with:
- Rendering engines and associated tools, such as Unity, Unreal and/or id Tech
- 3D mathematics, vector maths, knowledge of transforms, texture spaces, etc.
- Shading technique development in GLSL / HLSL
- Real world materials’ interaction with light sources under different conditions
- Creating new material shaders, turning inspiration into algorithms
- Specifying asset creation and formats to support new shaders
- Optimising graphics pipelines, throughput, threading, architecture, scalability
- OpenGL 3+ and/or DirectX 10+
- Diagnostics and profiling using PIX, GPA, VTune, AQTime etc.
- Quickly assimilating unfamiliar approaches, methods, source code and tools
- Developing robust commercial software
You’ll be working alongside equally skilled graphics experts with different specialisms, as well as top systems developers. An excellent salary is on offer to the right candidate.
Some remote working arrangements may be considered for a truly exceptional candidate, but you will need to permanently reside in the UK – international remote working is not possible. Applicants only interested in this route have a lot to prove, so please do provide a portfolio of commercial work together with a detailed CV. We can only consider such full and complete applications.
Keywords: real-time graphics, shaders, materials, C++, C#, algorithms, pipeline, rendering
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.