This is a challenging senior technical leadership position that requires significant experience and a track record in delivering complex Medical Devices with safety-critical software component within the necessary regulatory framework.
You will be providing technical leadership to multidisciplinary teams that design novel Medical Devices and be expected to contribute to the whole development lifecycle from concept to validation.
In addition to an excellent degree (post-graduate preferred) in a relevant subject such as software engineering, electronics engineering or computer science, you will have:
- A track record in developing software for medical devices in a technical leadership role
- A strong all-round background in software development with emphasis on embedded systems including:
- real-time software with and without the use of an RTOS
- safety-critical software
- familiarity with the most common software engineering tools
- strong knowledge of the C programming language
- a working knowledge of UML
- Strong client-facing skills and the ability to communicate to a non-technical audience
- Software estimation skills
- A good understanding of IEC 62304, IEC 14971 and the FDA guidance on medical software
- A solid general science background
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of robotics, control theory, digital signal processing or computer vision
- Deep technical knowledge of industry standard communication protocols
- Experience with software development on a wide range of platforms such as Windows, Linux Android, iOS
- Experience with safety analysis techniques such as FMEA, FTA orHAZOP in the context of software intensive systems
Although the emphasis on specific experience in the medical industry, strong candidates with similar experience in other highly regulated industries, such as aerospace, nuclear, or automotive may still be considered.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.