Our client is looking for a talented embedded software engineer with experience in wireless communication protocols such as Bluetooth and a passion for the front-end aspects like UI and mobile Apps.
The role will require you to specify, design, develop and test embedded software for complex medical systems including mobile platforms for digital health applications.
Many of the systems you will be working on will include some form of digital communication system, as well as various sensors or actuators, thus requiring an all-round engineering knowledge, attention to detail and good team-work skills.
To meet the requirements of this role, in addition to a good degree in a relevant subject such as electronics engineering or computer science, you will have:
- Experience with programming on Android or iOS platforms
- Good knowledge of C and experience in programming embedded microcontrollers
- Good communication and presentation skills
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Experience with using communication protocols such as Bluetooth or Zigbee
- Experience in developing real time embedded software on bare metal or by means of an RTOS
- An understanding of electronics and interfacing microcontroller with various sensors and actuators
- Experience with .NET programming and Windows programming
- A background in control theory, digital signal processing or computer vision
- Knowledge of a programming language other than C or a scripting language
- A background or experience in system modelling using UML or SysML
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry (such as medical, nuclear or defence)
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.