Summary: Comms, signal processing, digital modulation filtering, C, embedded, strong quals needed, Cambridge, to £competitive + benefits.
This growing department is part of a prestigious, highly regarded company developing innovative technology solutions. They now seek outstanding and ambitious communications engineers. Working with experienced colleagues, the successful candidates will take the lead in specifying, designing and delivering complex wireless devices and other products. You will have the opportunity to develop leading edge communications technologies and devices and help create new business, in a wide range of markets such as medical devices, satellite communications, and the Internet of Things. You will be able to work with customers ranging from global blue chips to regulators such as Ofcom and ambitious start-ups.
You will have a 1st or Upper 2nd first degree or higher from a leading university in engineering with specialisation in digital communications and/or signal processing (candidates with equivalent qualifications in other scientific disciplines who can demonstrate hands-on experience in digital communications are also welcome to apply). You must have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of communications, signal processing, digital modulation and filtering; hands-on experience developing software for embedded microcontrollers or microprocessors, in C and preferably also in C++ and assembly language; the ability to communicate technical concepts and the value of your work clearly and confidently; and
a desire to develop new skills and to take increasing responsibilities. For the more senior roles you will need a track record of designing and implementing communications systems and professional experience that demonstrates an ability to lead and a drive to succeed.
You are also likely to have experience in several of the following areas:
- Communications systems, audio signal processing or image processing design cycle, from algorithms to simulation and implementation in hardware and verification
- Understanding of the fundamentals of software engineering
- Full product lifecycle, ideally from including requirements capture, design, development, documentation, test, and delivery to support into production
- FPGA programming using Verilog, VHDL, SystemC or similar
- Working with or preferably implementing communications systems such as Bluetooth, cellular, Wi-Fi, satellite, LPWAN, or proprietary systems, particularly at the PHY and MAC layers
- A range of target platforms and OSs, such as PCs, RTOS, DSP/microcontrollers, FPGA and ASIC
- Advanced communications techniques such as cryptography, digital pre-distortion, forward error correction (FEC), MIMO, security, software defined radio
- Product development for volume manufacture
- Project management and team leadership
- Building, making or designing things in your spare time.
These are excellent opportunities to work in this highly innovative environment at the cutting edge of technology.
Keywords: C, C++, embedded, comms, signal processing, digital modulation, 1st, 2.1, Cambridge, PhD.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.