This is your opportunity to design and develop unique radio systems enabling wireless communications in diverse applications from high volume consumer devices to bespoke industrial and defence systems.
As a Senior Consultant you will be leading a variety of RF and electronic developments. This position will allow you to be involved throughout the development cycle, from proof of principle investigations to new product introduction. Working alongside a world class team of engineers, you will also have the opportunity to support and influence business creation and be involved in project leadership.
You will enjoy taking ownership of exciting technical problems on a wide variety projects. An ability to learn and a desire to take on responsibility are as important as the breadth and depth of your current knowledge.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with clients to understand requirements
- Producing radio architectures and link budgets for RF systems
- Technical leadership on complex projects
- Board level design for RF and electronic systems
- Designing discrete RF circuits
- Communicating technical details effectively with clients
- Working closely with business developers to develop technical proposals and with project managers to deliver technical solutions
- Providing mentoring and technical reviewing for junior engineers
To meet the requirements of this role you will have:
- An excellent degree in electronic engineering or a closely related discipline
- A detailed understanding of the fundamentals of RF systems and architectures
- An impressive track record of producing successful RF circuit designs
- The ability to continue learning and a desire to take on new challenges
- Excellent communication skills
Specific expertise in any of the following areas would be advantageous:
Control system design and implementation
Software defined radio
Switched mode power supplies
Low noise analogue design
Low power circuit design
This role will be subject to security clearance vetting *
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.