This Cambridge company is seeking a build engineer who can innovate and improve their existing automated build and test procedures to support exciting projects. You will manage the various builds both internally during development and for commercial releases.
Your work will keep developers productive (rather than blocked by broken builds), create new automated tests and manage existing tests. These include some advance, fully automated smoke tests and more involved test suites.
You will have:
- A good degree in computer science from a top university.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Buildbot, Jenkins, and/or CruiseControl.
- Experience working with substantial cross-platform codebases.
- Knowledge of version control systems (preferably Subversion).
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Experience with tool chains such as MSBuild, Xcode, Clang and the GNU Compiler Collection.
- Experience with build systems such as Jam, NMake or CMake.
Additional C++ and/or C# experience would also be valuable.
You will also need full permission to live and work in the UK without restriction, time limit or sponsorship.
If you enjoy working in a lively, friendly environment, and with a wide range of technologies (which here include bespoke 3D graphics, high-quality audio, and specialised hardware - sometimes getting a sneak peek of forthcoming technologies!) this may be a place you'll really enjoy working.
Keywords: Cambridge, build and test, CI, Jenkins, automation, Python, C++, C#
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.