Principal/Lead Product Designer (23083)
Are you an experienced product designer that is looking for a new challenge and a leadership role in a world class design and development agency? You will also be:
- Passionate about human-centred design and the interaction of people and technology in consumer and industrial products.
- Highly skilled in leading design through pre-concept and concept development, but also experienced in bringing ideas into reality, through to market launch and beyond.
- Able to strategically build business around product design excellence.
- Experienced in exploring visual language and branding.
- Enthusiastic about the ability of good design to delight the customer and able to evangelise within teams and to clients.
- Able to create innovative solutions to problems and communicate them effectively to market stakeholders.
If you think this describes you and appeals to your ambitions to develop and grow as a world class designer, we would love to hear from you. Please read on for further details about this opportunity and apply by sending your CV and an up to date portfolio.
As a senior member of the team, you will take a leading role in a multi-disciplinary team of technicians, engineers, consultants and designers. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the ID components of a development programme. Definition of ID and brand solutions for product developments and working closely with the wider development teams.
- Involvement in the generation of concepts and product architectures.
- Communicating design ideas through high quality sketching, illustration, informatics and, potentially, CAD.
- Working with business developers to explore clients’ needs and identify new areas of growth, especially in preconcept and concept phases of development.
- Planning design and development programs with project management and, if relevant, leading those programs.
- Writing technical reports and producing high quality design documentation.
- An excellent degree in industrial design, human centred design, or product design from a leading institution.
- Significant experience in product design and development, with a bias towards pre-concept and concept development and evidence of technical skill in design and visual communication.
- Design leadership or evidence of readiness for a leadership role.
- Proven track record of working in concurrent teams with engineers and manufacturers across different disciplines, especially with products brought to market.
- Experience in client facing roles at mid to high level, communicating and working with stakeholders to balance client and customer needs.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.