This established, growing company provides advanced technological solutions to a wide range of “blue chip” clients. They are seeking an Electronics and Software Engineer to build software/hardware interfaces to cutting edge devices and sensors and develop analytical tools. This role will take you from the whiteboard to the lab bench and the R&D office and involves working closely with engineers and scientists from other disciplines.
You will have:
- A 1st or 2:1 in electronics with computing, electronics engineering or computer science, or a highly related discipline, from a world class university, backed by strong A-level grades including mathematics or physics.
- Experience designing electronic systems and building, testing and debugging analogue and digital circuits.
- A good grasp of the theory behind building modular electronics, including sensors, amplifiers, filters and data converters.
- Experience with schematic capture software such as Altium, OrCAD or Eagle, ideally including PCB layout for manufacture.
- Fluency in either C or Python and an understanding of good software development practices and source control.
- Experience working with microcontrollers and embedded development tools: this could be from Arduino and/or comparable ecosystems.
This is a full time, permanent, commercial UK role. Applicants require full existing permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship and excellent written and spoken technical and conversational English language skills.
Keywords: electronics, software, engineer, digital, analogue, C, Python, sensors, analysis, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.