This successful Edinburgh-based company is a market leader in providing flexible and automated customer engagement and interaction management software. Their platform integrates with multiple third-party apps and web/social media environments to create a single interface for companies to interact with their users.
With continued and successful growth, they are seeking a Ruby Developer to join their focussed team in central Edinburgh. Candidates should have:
- a strong technical background, with a good degree in Computer Science or related numerate subject;
- commercial software experience with Ruby on Rails 5.0 for application development;
- knowledge of responsive UI design with CoffeeScript and Bootstrap;
- confidence working in a Linux environment, including CLI actions / bash;
- familiarity with databases, particularly with an Apache Lucene environment and Elasticsearch.
Ideally, candidates will also be able to demonstrate knowledge of cloud services such as AWS, or process automation with Sidekiq, web platform APIs and experience with Agile environments with source control and continuous integration.
This is an excellent opportunity with a company which values good software development practice and maintains an informal and friendly work environment. The successful candidate will gain an excellent remuneration package, together with a wide range of perks and benefits. If this sounds like your role, do send along your CV.
Keywords: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Edinburgh, APIs, application, scripting, Linux, CoffeeScript, Bootstrap
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.