This award-winning company provides innovative software geared at data retrieval, processing and analysis in a natural language / semantic search framework. Their powerful tools are used in many high-tech industries to streamline R&D, and take advantage of the wealth of data available through online and connected resources.
They are seeking an Applications Engineer to join their friendly and growing team in Cambridge, demonstrating this exciting technology to new clients, supporting implementation of the technology with new customers, and helping existing users solve challenging real-world problems in science and engineering.
Successful candidate CVs should demonstrate:
- a background in life sciences, engineering, or closely related STEM subject;
- a top academic background – a 2.1 or above from a Russell Group university, ideally with postgraduate qualifications;
- familiarity with data collation and processing from digital resources utilising text mining tools;
- excellent communication and organisation skills, ideally with project management elements;
- a strong understanding of IT / software tools and systems, including automation / scripting with tools like Python, Perl and perhaps also enterprise / server systems.
This role would suit a recent graduate with a few years of relevant commercial or academic experience looking for a less mainstream R&D role, or perhaps someone with tech support or documentation experience seeking a move into a client-facing technical environment.
Based in modern and dedicated offices in Cambridge, easily commutable by car, bike or train, this is a vibrant and exciting company with an excellent working culture and plenty of perks and mod cons. On offer to the right candidate is a strong salary and benefits package – get in touch to find out more!
Keywords: applications, FAE, text mining, NLP, language processing, Cambridge, Perl, Python
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.