These renowned experts in cloud technologies are seeking a cloud storage expert to join their blossoming team in the heart of Cambridge, UK.
The team focus on high-performance, high availability virtual storage technologies, facilitating diverse range of setups, formats and physical hardware. You will join them to work on green field projects and to strike out in new directions, and secondarily to lend expertise with products already released.
You will bring:
- A 1st or 2:1 in computer science from a world class university
- Expertise in C
- A good understanding of Linux as an operating system, and of operating system architectures in general
- Experience writing either Linux drivers, or contributing to the Linux kernel, even in small ways – whether you wrote a small filter driver, made a single line change which was accepted by the kernel team, or wrote an entire subsystem, we’d like to know about it!
- An understanding of block storage devices, file systems, or network storage interfaces
- An appreciation of internet networking, to session / transport / packet level
Any additional experience of cloud and distributed systems, datacentres, open source, and further procedural, OO or scripting languages would be beneficial. There is also scope for customer interaction if desired.
Keywords: cloud technologies, storage, Linux, C, operating systems, open source, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.