There are few bigger challenges in 21st century software development than dealing with vast, real-time data from social media, financial systems, and other exotic sources around the world. This rapidly growing company are experts at this, and are looking for bright software engineers with expertise in distributed software to join their team.
In this exciting role you’ll join a group of bright minds and skilled coders, and you’ll collaborate to make seamless, reliable technology which can handle incredible data volumes with ease.
- A top degree in computer science or a related subject from a world-class university, and strong A-level grades including in maths and science
- Considerable expertise with more than one modern, object-oriented language
- Evidence of extensive commercial coding experience
- A proven understanding of data structures and algorithms, distributed software, threading / concurrency, IPC, database design (relational and non) and service oriented architectures
- To appreciate appropriate test-driven development (TDD) and pragmatically Agile processes
- To be someone who keeps up with the latest developments in technology
In return for your work, as well as working in this exclusive London location with all the amenities, if selected you’ll receive an excellent salary and a top benefits package. The offices are relaxed and casual. And if you’re so inclined, there are regular sport / games and lively – and optional – social events for you to enjoy.
Since your work will be used globally 24 / 7 / 365, you will share occasional responsibility for being on call in case of crisis. But this is very democratic and applies to the whole team – it’s not just loaded onto the newest engineer! And as the team grows, you will have proportionally less responsibility for this.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we would be pleased to hear from you and we do review every CV and endeavour to respond to everyone.
If you know someone this role would suit, and you have a scientific/engineering background, register with ECM yourself and recommend them to us for £250 – details at http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: cloud platforms, real-time streaming, distributed systems, cutting-edge tools
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.