As a Senior Hardware Engineer this role allows you to utilise your full range of skills from requirement capture through to introduction into manufacturing. You will have periods working on PCB and FPGA designs, EMC considerations, early stage design and new product introduction. Common across their existing products is the control of streaming high definition video.
You will have an outstanding technical degree and sufficient commercial experience to be able to pick up all aspects of digital design required in small high-tech team. This would be shown by experience in digital PCB design including schematic capture, simulation and layout, in particular:
- Experience creating cost effective designs
- Experience of high speed digital design and development methodologies
- Experience of schematic capture tools
- Knowledge of PCB layout tools and techniques for signal integrity and EMC issues
- Experience of bringing–up new PCBs and utilising a diversity of bench tools
- Broad range of exposure to different FPGA and microprocessor circuits
This is an excellent opportunity for talented and passionate electronic engineers to join a dynamic and challenging team, developing technologies key to the growth of their product range in leading edge AV and IP solutions. Many of their development projects push the boundaries of the available hardware, so the ability to create efficient designs in a timely manner is a core requirement for this role.
Keywords: Senior Electronics Engineer, Senior Hardware Design Engineer, PCB, digital, analogue, VHDL, Verilog, video, AV, HDTV, 4k TV, streaming, IP, Ethernet, USB, 2.1, 1st, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.