Do you want to work with systems such as Yocto/OpenEmbedded or Buildroot, developing embedded systems using Linux for multiple industries?
Join this top UK company and you will be responsible for:
- Design, Implementation and Test of embedded linux components in software systems
- Design of interfaces between your code and hardware or remote systems
- Delivering high quality, professional code, compliant with the client’s requirements
- Executing project tasks to tight deadlines and rigorous quality standards within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager
- Participating in meetings with clients, potentially including travel to US, Europe and/or Asia for meetings or workshops
- An excellent degree / PhD in Computer Science, Electronics, or a related discipline
- Experience of selecting processors/platforms/toolchains for embedded Linux
- Experience of specifying or using application layer protocols between devices and server systems, over TCP/IP or short range wireless
- TCP/IP networking/routing knowledge
- Experience of production quality software implementation
You will also have:
- An imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and develop solutions for complex problems
- Strong communication skills. Ability to explain and defend design and code, and present complex technical issues clearly to clients and internal teams
- Experience working with other disciplines (e.g. RF, server, design teams)
Any of the following experience would be advantageous:
- Knowledge of open source licensing
- Experience with the ROS or OpenWRT operating systems
- More detailed knowledge of low power wireless protocols (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth, LORA, implementation of custom
- Digital Security experience (encryption/authentication schemes)
- Working to regulatory standards such as MISRA, ISO13485
This role will be subject to Security Clearance Vetting procedures.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.