Our client have an opportunity for you to get involved in server side technologies for their secure systems work. Working with system leads you will take responsibility for defining and implementing significant areas of code and interfaces, working with CI systems to implement tests in Python alongside writing server side code, building, assembling and shipping operational containerised systems, infrastructure configuration, and devops for existing systems.
There will be the opportunity to further your career not just technically, but also in the fields of business development, programme management, and innovation.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Design and Implementation of server side components on Windows or Linux systems, writing in C#, and Python
- Infrastructure design and configuration e.g. networking
- Working with a test engineer to define CI tests
- Integrating/Porting algorithms on server side systems
- Delivering high quality, professional code, compliant with the client’s requirements
- Executing project tasks to tight deadlines and rigorous quality standards within the timescales and budgets agreed with the project manager
- Participating in meetings with clients, potentially including travel to US, Europe and/or Asia for meetings or workshops
- An excellent degree / PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline
- TCP/IP networking/routing knowledge
- Experience deploying VM / Container technologies
- Experience of a messaging technology e.g. RabbitMQ/ZeroMQ
- Experience of production quality software implementation
- Experience of deploying on cloud systems e.g. AWS, Azure
- An imaginative and inquisitive mind, eager to learn new skills and develop solutions for complex problems
- Strong communication skills. Ability to explain and defend design and code, and present complex technical issues clearly to clients and internal teams
- Experience working with other disciplines (e.g. RF, server, design teams)
This role will be subject to Security Clearance Vetting procedures
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.