Experienced C# Developer (23412)
Despite only starting up a few years ago, this company has already received great acclaim for its powerful and intuitive software for complex statistical modelling. Taking advantage of modern development tools and optimisation, their product running on a high-end desktop machine can calculate in minutes what an older computing cluster might achieve in hours. They’re constantly increasing their market share as companies worldwide look to take advantage of this powerful new platform.
To keep up with the demand for new capabilities whilst maintaining their high coding standards, they have openings for a few talented developers to join their team. They’re a fairly small team developing in a broad C# .Net stack, so there’s plenty of opportunity to make meaningful contributions to an end-product.
Candidates will need to show:
- solid commercial experience in C# .Net, with a good understanding of how the language works;
- a numerate background (not industry-specific), writing code that can deal with lots of data / processes;
- experience across a Windows / C# stack, including WPF for UIs, WCF for networking, and some elements of C++ integration;
- a commitment to clean and efficient coding, not just a “hack it and pray” approach;
- a relevant academic background – ideally a 2.1 or above from a good university in computer science (or related) with good A-levels too!
Candidates with backgrounds in C++ or Java may be considered, but will need to show an active interest in moving to C# .Net technologies.
On offer is the opportunity to work in a close-knit team of like-minded developers, contributing to a lean and efficient codebase. They have some of the best development tools / hardware in house to speed up code automation / refactoring, and plenty of onsite perks and amenities. On top of this is an outstanding remuneration package commensurate to experience.
You’ll have to be one of the best to work here, but if you think you’ve got what it takes, apply now!
Keywords: software development, C#, OO, WPF, WCF, C++, Java, South Cambridgeshire
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.