This is your opportunity to design and develop the software architecture for a wide range of unique sensing systems for applications as diverse as high volume consumer products to bespoke industrial and defence systems.
Our client are looking for an exceptional hands-on multidisciplinary engineer with a firm grasp of the fundamentals of distributed sensing system design to grow their capabilities in this challenging and exciting area.
To meet the requirements of this role, in addition to an excellent degree in a relevant subject such as software engineering, computer science or electronic engineering, you will have the following core skills:
- Good knowledge of C and experience in programming embedded microcontrollers
- Experience with using communication protocols such as Bluetooth or Zigbee
- An understanding of the software development life cycle and related tools and practices such as continuous integration and test driven development
- Good communication and presentation skills
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Experience in developing real time embedded software on bare metal or by means of an RTOS
- An understanding of electronics and interfacing microcontroller with various sensors and actuators
- Experience with .NET programming and Windows programming
- A background in control theory, digital signal processing or computer vision
- A background or experience in system modelling using UML or SysML
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry (such as medical, nuclear or defence)
This role will be subject to Security Clearance Vetting procedures
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.