Summary: Experienced real-time data prediction, analytics and signal processing specialist sought by a top scientific product R&D company.
This successful scientific product R&D company has pioneered multiple new technologies and techniques to solve difficult problems across a variety of industries. Their inventions have saved lives in surgical theatres, improved communications across the developing world, contributed to civilian safety in armed conflicts and even reduced the eco-footprint of many of the household goods you take for granted.
They are seeking to consolidate their expertise in data science / analytics, and are seeking a number of Experienced Data Scientists to form a new and dedicated team which will act as the main technical authority to the company in these fields. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous salary and benefits package, together with work alongside the brightest scientists and engineers in the world, delivering cutting edge technology that can go from concept sketch to working prototype in a matter of weeks.
Successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
- proven commercial experience in data science / analytics, applying modern techniques in statistics, mathematics and computer science;
- excellent knowledge applying theory into practice with tools such as Hadoop, Spark or OpenCV;
- familiarity with common software languages such as Java, Python, C#, F#, R or Scala;
- expertise in real-time signal processing and data extraction for use in analysis / control systems;
- a strong academic underpinning, with a 2.1 or above, perhaps also with a PhD, in mathematics, computer science, engineering, data science, or similar related subjects.
Any additional knowledge of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, unsupervised learning or neural networks will be a strong benefit.
Candidates must have permission to work in the UK without time limit, restrictions or sponsorship. Based in dedicated facilities in South Cambridgeshire with excellent prospects for career growth and learning new skills, this is a fantastic opportunity – apply now if you think you’ve got what they’re looking for!
Keywords: data science, analytics, DSP, processing, Java, Python, R, C#, Hadoop, Scala
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.