Our client develops and manufactures scientific instrumentation for customers around the world.
They are currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join their R&D team in Cambridge, designing and developing innovative, research grade instrumentation.
The role spans design from concept to production and will include:
- Mechanical concept design
(including electro-mechanical and loom design)
- Scientific research to evaluate concept performance
- Realisation of the finished product
(including iteration of prototypes)
- Preparation of detailed documentation for production handover
The successful candidate will hold a good degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Design with 2 at least years relevant experience.
- Experience of a 3D design environment (SolidWorks an advantage)
- Understanding of design for manufacture
- Capable of autonomous working
- Concept generation capability
- Workshop skills to support design / prototyping process
- Thorough documentation skills and attention to detail
Electronic & data analysis skills would be an advantage.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.