A fantastic opportunity for a junior hardware engineer to join a team of experienced hardware engineers. You will quickly “own” a specific sub-system or PCB in their system and:
- take the lead to capture the schematics - but working with the more experienced guys in the team for the details of the circuitry
- work with the PCB layout company that they use to create the PCB
- managed the prototyping of the boards
- test and verify the sub-system when they come back
You need to be able to grasp the whole system so will have an understanding of RF, analogue circuitry, communication systems, digital control, FPGAs, processors, control loops etc, or if not, be clever enough to go and learn about them quickly!
- A good first degree (BEng/MEng) in Electronic/Electrical Engineering for a leading University.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a relevant industry job working on Electronics or PCB developments
- Experience in being part of small teams to deliver PCB development projects on time and to budget.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility to go and deliver what is needed.
- Familiarity with Altium schematic capture, symbol and footprint generation and layout of multi-layer PCBs including micro-via technology and controlled impedance traces.
- Ability to capture requirements and distil them into a written specification.
- Ability to liaise with and manage layout Engineers and fabrication, assembly and test houses.
- Experience of mixed analogue, digital and RF board level design from specification through to test and manufacture.
- Experience of design of phased locked loops, up and down converters, switching power supplies and the use of GPS chip sets, micro-controllers and Ethernet switches.
- Experience in design of Sat-Comm Modems or Digital Signal Processing for Mobile Basestations
- Experience of design for test and development of test programs with external test houses.
- Experience in designing Hardware for either Automotive or Aerospace applications
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.