Applications Engineer (Controls) (23517)
Interested in transitioning into the automotive sector? Looking to move from a hands-on engineering to a more customer facing position? Our client is the UK office of a multinational company that supplies hardware and software tools used for control systems development (including rapid prototyping, calibration and data acquisition). They are expanding their applications team and are looking for a customer-facing engineer to join them.
- Engineering, physics or other technical degree from a well-regarded university.
- Subsequent industry experience working on one or more of the following: MATLAB / Simulink; control systems; C / Python
- Exposure working collaboratively with customers including technical presentations or technical support.
- Any experience with .NET, diagnostics, or real-time code would be desirable.
- Must be comfortable in front of people (with excellent communication skills) and be able to work diligently under pressure. An attitude in doing things right-first-time is essential.
Applicants who have these required soft skills who have a more general technical background and aptitude to pick up new technologies quickly are invited to apply. In return, the company will support your career and provide training where required.
The team is based in modern offices in commuting distance from Cambridge, Bedford, Royston and Huntingdon.
Customer Facing, Systems Engineering / Controls / Electronics, MATLAB / Simulink, C / Python, In-house Training, Automotive
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.