Do you have the strength of character to drive forward a software design team consisting of 10 of the best brains in the business?
This is a fantastic position for a Software Team Leader to work closely with the founder and lead the existing team through example. A tough role to fill but one that will be very rewarding as this start-up expands over the next few years. They already work in a relaxed Agile manner and are open to improving their light weight processes. The team mostly have a mathematical software background implemented as a functional language to accelerate software run time through the use of FPGA hardware.
To stand your ground within this team you will have an outstanding academic background and several years’ experience managing software teams. The requirements are:
- At least a 2.1 degree in a technical subject (probably maths) from a world class university
- Significant commercial software development experience using modern methods
- Strong interpersonal, team and communication skills
- Substantial team leadership skills and ability to get the team “on board”
- A passion and aptitude in developing mathematical solutions
- Proficiency and in depth understanding of functional languages
This is an excellent opportunity to build up an existing small software team as a confident contributor, coming up with innovative and creative ideas as well as having the chance to continue to develop your mathematical and functional programming skills. They offer a good salary dependent on experience and share options.
Keywords: Functional languages, Haskell, OCaml, Erlang, F#, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.