This growing company specialises in the design and development of software and hardware solutions for machines processing data at video speeds. This position is for a Software Test Engineer to be involved with the R&D team from concept to production.
As a Software Test Engineer you will have good experience of testing networked systems. Their product runs on recent Windows and Linux platforms so good working knowledge of both is distinct advantage. Experience working on video streaming products, printing technology or similar high speed data industry would be an advantage. This will be combined with a solid understanding of internet based systems and the challenges faced in testing networked systems. This will be backed up by a good technical degree from a well-known and respected university. During your career so far you will have gained experience in most of the following:
- Excellent knowledge of test frameworks
- Previous experience in designing test cases for optimised testing
- Experience of testing electronics interconnected by TCP/IP networks
- Good working knowledge of network technology and specific programming skills in Linux
- Creating automated scripts in languages such as Python and Bash
- Exposure to configuration control systems (Git, SVN etc.)
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Being able to contribute to their continuous integration system would be a bonus
You will join a team of friendly, dedicated developers working in an extremely modern, welcoming work environment. This is an excellent opportunity to work with this fast moving company, which encourages internal career progression.
Keywords: Automated testing, scripts, Python, TCP/IP networks, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.