Are you a senior developer with a strong grasp of functional programming languages, and an interest in compilers?
This enterprising and well-funded company has a good track record and a significant commercial client base for their unique technology. Their solutions apply functional languages, top tier hardware and cloud computing to challenging new areas.
They are seeking a skilled senior developer with considerable FP expertise to join them. You will bring:
- A strong knowledge of functional programming from first principles: pure functions, mutability, partial application, currying and monads will all be easy topics of discussion for you
- A good degree in computer science from a well-regarded university
- A strong understanding of practical computer science including relevant topics w.r.t. compilation
- Experience of, and thoughts on, approaches to practical commercial Agile development
- The ability to take the lead on projects, and mentor junior developers
Any additional interest in, or exposure to, high performance computing, cloud platforms (such as Google Cloud, AWS or Azure), and specialist computing hardware from other fields would be beneficial, as is any personal interest in electronics.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we would be pleased to hear from you and we do review every CV and endeavour to respond to everyone.
If you know someone this role would suit, and you have a scientific/engineering background, register with ECM yourself and recommend them to us for £250 – details at http://www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Keywords: Compilers, Haskell, OCaml, F#, Scala, Clojure, AI, cloud computing, compsci
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.