Web Browser Developer - Open Source (23597)
This blossoming high-tech startup produces cutting edge products which are instrumental in improving people’s lives. They make expert use of the latest in web technology, including Chromium / WebKit, and are seeking a skilled software engineer to play a key role in future developments.
In this pivotal role you will work on enhancing and tailoring browser technology. Your ability, judgement and attention to detail will help ensure that the latest browser tech developments can be taken advantage of, whilst aligning with commercial needs for a tailored, robust and secure platform.
You will have a good degree in computing or a related subject from a well-regarded university, and evidence of extensive high quality coding experience. Ideally you will be a keen coder in your free time, and have projects to show for it (GitHub, GitLab, etc.). You will also:
- Have an active interest in open source software and communities
- Be deeply familiar with source control, and keen to work on substantial, collaborative codebases (merges, patches, code review and cherry-picking)
- Enjoy collaborating with skilled developers around the globe
- Have an interest in security and in extremely robust code
- Be keen to work for a company making a difference to people’s lives
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection – whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and endeavour to respond to everyone.
If you know someone this role would suit, and you have a technical background, register as an ECM candidate and recommend them for £250 – details at http:// ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.