Our client are looking for an experienced IT Help Desk Team Leader to lead the IT help desk team in providing support to over 500 engineering staff in the UK and abroad.
They operate a hybrid cloud and on-premises estate of IT systems including IBM Notes, Windows, Office, Mac, Android and iOS systems. Their design tools range from computational fluid dynamics to RF modelling to CAD to chip design and beyond.
To meet the requirements of the role you will be a successful team leader (but still hands-on) with strong customer service skills and a technical knowledge of IT.
You will also have:
- Experience in the management and distribution of help desk calls
- Experience in creating and implementing standard operating procedures
- Experience in the review and improvement of a help desk service
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent people management skills
- A willingness to support all areas of the IT services user base as required
- A strong focus on quality
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well within a small team
- Good organisational skills
- Strong self-motivation
In addition, knowledge and/or experience in the following areas are desirable:
- Experience of implementing a new or replacement help desk system
- A degree in Computer Science or a related subject
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.