This is a rare role for a senior games programmer, or a wide-ranging computer-science educated senior C and C++ developer. Join this award-winning and highly successful product company, outside the games industry, and , work directly with cutting edge VR technology.
You will need either:
- Proven games industry experience including shipped titles or
- Solid commercial C and C++ development including on highly optimised, performance-driven and data-oriented code
As well as all of:
- A BSc, MSc or PhD in a technical/mathematical subject from a good university
- Commercial, or multiple significant personal interest (GitHub), projects in VR including at least one of: Oculus Rift, Vive, Gear VR, Playstation VR
- A strong understanding of graphics and game engine (or equivalent) many-cycles-per-second data pipelines
- A good understanding of software architecture and public facing low level API design
- The desire and ability to work to deadlines, quickly and deftly where necessary, and ship on time
The following would be a plus:
- Game-style networking experience (UDP, selective entity updates, heuristic position prediction)
- Use of major commercial engines such as Source, CryEngine, UE4 or possibly Unity
- Experience with motion/gesture interfaces (Kinect, Wii, etc.)
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.