Agile Test Engineer, Software and Electronics (23631)
If you’re a skilled software test engineer who enjoys their craft, and has an active interest in promoting and developing it – and if you’d also enjoy the chance to play with exciting new hardware, applying your skills to a new field – this may just be the role for you.
This Cambridge product company produce an award-winning software + hardware product. They apply Scrum processes with great success and their testers are real enthusiasts who are valued for their work.
You’ll have the chance to play a key role as part of a relaxed, technical team, and to share your ideas and experiences with the Cambridge agile testing community through company supported workshops and conference trips.
You will need:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in a technical subject from a world-class university
- Commercial experience as a test engineer for a software / hardware company
- To be the sort of person who can ably apply and discuss test strategies, approaches to exploratory testing, and automation techniques – and who would enjoy conversations with your peers on these topics
- A strong CV which goes beyond the “what” and shows your appreciation of the context of your work
- Something to help your CV stand out from the crowd: a GitHub account showing strong code / scripts you’ve written, a well-written blog on software testing, or evidence of personal interest projects in e.g. Arduino / Raspberry Pi which you’d enjoy discussing at interview
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.