If you have a technical background and an interest in business – if you would enjoy a role meeting with innovators, discussing the latest technologies and potentially travelling the world on business – this could be the role for you.
This pioneering and fast-growing company are specialists in product innovation, and partner with FTSE 100 companies and other global players. Their innovations in a variety of technical fields are used by some of the world’s top corporations.
As a Business Development Engineer you will collaborate with inventors to help translate their inventions into saleable concepts. You will help manage relationships with companies, contribute in critical meetings, and track figures and accounts.
Your CV will show you have:
- A strong technical degree, and possibly a PhD, from a top university
- The ability to explain complex technical ideas simply and clearly - your technical contributions in client discussions will be highly valued
- An understanding of intellectual property and the different kinds of IP
- Excellent written and spoken English, and numeracy
- Attention to detail, particularly in technical conversations – you listen well
- A positive “glass half full” approach – you can see and put across the positives
- A clear interest in business development, and some evidence of an entrepreneurial mindset
- Preferably, commercial experience in business development, sales or marketing
The ideal candidate may have commercial experience both in an engineering field and in business development / sales / marketing, and experience working with intellectual property.
Remuneration for this role may include a basic salary plus more substantial performance related rewards. The role is likely to involve travel. It requires full existing permission to live and work in the UK without time limit, restriction or sponsorship.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.