Principal Embedded C and C++ Developer (23660)
This is a fantastic position for an Embedded C and C++ Developer to expand their experience into new software technologies. This company requires you to have a solid commercial background in both embedded C and C++ preferably with a significant part of that within an embedded environment. Ideally you should also have explored web based and mobile application software.
Your core experience will be:
- At least a 2.1 degree in a technical subject from a world class university
- Significant experience in commercial development of embedded C
- A passion in and aptitude for C++ software design and development
- Proficiency and in depth understanding of Real-time Operating Systems
- Significant understanding of hardware for embedded software design
- Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Aptitude for working direct with customers
- Strong interpersonal, team and communication skills
This position will allow you to expand into new areas any experience of the following will be a substantial bonus:
- Native development on iOS or Android
- SQL/NoSQL, particularly with distributed and large scale databases
- REST/ RabbitMQ message interfaces
- Adobe PhoneGap; Xamarin
- Delphi; RAD Studio
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small company with plans to expand this year. They are based just outside Cambridge, so your own transport would help. They work on a range of products and have a multiskilled team on site. This is an established company providing a full range of staff benefits.
Keywords: embedded C, C++, resource constrained systems, real-time, cloud, IoT, Android, iOS, west Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.