This exciting Oxford-based start-up is changing the technology landscape of financial services. Their innovative software incorporates novel machine-learning algorithms and AI-based automation into an intuitive and user-friendly interface. They are financially secure, and are gaining widespread recognition through high-profile partnerships and service deals.
Expanding their software product, they are looking for a graduate developer to join their team. They’re a pretty selective group, so only closely matching CVs can be considered. They’ll be looking for at least:
- a strong academic record, with a 2.1 or higher from an Oxbridge or top Russell Group university in Computer Science or a related degree;
- convincing experience with Java, understanding the core concepts of the language and not just completing a module as part of your studies;
- a keen passion for coding – you’ll likely have a GitHub account, have some relevant internships, or perhaps have participated in hackathons, coding challenges or open source projects;
- familiarity with some modern development practices such as Agile, TDD or similar;
- an inquisitive mind, with evidence of being open to new concepts, ideas or methods in a software development environment.
Candidates should also have good communications skills, and an enthusiastic “start-up” attitude, with a work-hard and play-hard mentality. Successful candidates will receive an excellent remuneration package, with plenty of benefits and performance-bonus potential working in modern and pleasant offices in Oxford.
If you’re a recent graduate looking for a rewarding challenge to start immediately, please get in touch with your CV. Unfortunately due to this company’s size and early stages, they can only consider candidates who have existing right to work in the UK, without restriction or time limit, already in place.
Keywords: Java, graduate, 1st, 2.1, Oxford, finance, machine learning, AI, start-up
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.