This company is a market leader in providing high-spec data processing and video acquisition systems for real-time analysis and control in motor vehicles. Their technology is used worldwide and is implemented in cars ranging from the newest generation of family hatch-backs, to high-performance sports cars and motor racing events such as Formula 1 or Le Mans.
Priding themselves on high-quality products, they are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join their dedicated validation team. The group develops a suite of comprehensive test tools, covering both software and hardware elements of any new products. Their findings are iterated back into the design process, and with prototyping and manufacturing facilities on site, there is a close and productive relationship between these two aspects of R&D work.
Experienced candidates, with hands-on exposure to validation of hardware, electronics, and embedded systems, will join a team of like-minded engineers. Candidate CVs must also demonstrate:
- a strong technical background, with a good degree in a relevant technical subject;
- familiarity with electronics test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, multi-meters, or logic analysers;
- knowledge of embedded C or C++, together with test scripting / automation experience in a common language / framework;
- practical experience and confidence using manual tools, soldering, wiring, etc.
- further experience with automotive-specific technologies like CAN, or Vehicle Spy would be beneficial.
On offer for the right candidate is a competitive remuneration package, working in dedicated and modern facilities near Cambridge. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to development of real-world products, and rapidly see your ideas transformed from concept through to prototype and finished article. We regret we can only consider candidates with permission to work in the UK (without limitation or the need for sponsorship) for this position, and our client has also specified that candidates should possess a clean Class B driving licence, or be in the process of learning to drive.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.