Operations Engineer (23683)
If you’re looking to play a key role in a fast-moving, digital enterprise, this high-tech company are looking for an operations engineer to join them in Cambridge.
The company’s intelligent analytical systems interact with client and public servers globally, and apply techniques such as NLP to interpret dynamic and often technical content. Operations play a vital part in monitoring and ”fine-tuning” performance to scale, as well as in deployment, and working closely with development.
You will have:
- A good degree in a technical subject from a top university
- Commercial experience in ops for Linux, ideally with Red Hat or a comparable distro (CentOS, Fedora)
- Scripting in Bash plus Python or Perl
- Experience with enterprise-scale monitoring software for networks and apps
- Linux configuration management with Chef and/or Puppet and ideally containers (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or comparable) and source control (Git, Mercural, Subversion)
This role is full time and permanent, based in the city of Cambridge with good access to local facilities.
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.