Principal / Lead Software Engineer (23695)
The high tech job market is awash with companies lauding that they are the best and they work on leading edge technology, but very few have had the impact of shipping billions of products to the hands of the global consumer.
This company can – and with their latest products, they are utilising proprietary technology developed in Cambridge. This Cambridge team is expanding and they are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to take a lead role on projects. Teams consist of developers, machine learning scientists, and AI researchers; and so the Principal Engineer will feel at home working within a multidisciplinary environment.
- You’ll be bright, likely coming from a computer science or maths university education and possibly have a doctorate.
- You’ll have picked up a multitude of programming languages and tools, using the best technology available rather than being wedded to a single one (you’ll still be hands-on and enjoy coding but can also step back to appreciate the bigger design picture).
- You can demonstrate working on highly complex, commercial, large scale problems and leading project teams to deliver robust solutions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to delegate.
- Ideally worked within an Agile environment.
This role is still 50% hands-on, so would fit someone who leads projects and enjoys rolling-up-their-sleeves to code. There is the future possibility to move into technical and line management for the right person. In return, on offer is an excellent remuneration package including a range of benefits, as well as working in central Cambridge based offices close to the railway station.
OO, Java / C++, Agile, Team Lead, Hands-on, Development, Scaled, Machine Learning / AI Technology, 1st CompSci / Maths / PhD
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.