This leading technical consultancy designs and develops new products for organisations across a broad range of sectors including healthcare, communications, consumer products and defence.
You will take responsibility for part or all of the mechanical detailing on projects, developing medical and consumer products and equipment from concept, through prototype manufacture, to product introduction.
- Minimum 2:1 degree from a top university in Mechanical Engineering or related subject or equivalent
- High level of proficiency in 3D CAD systems; preferably SolidWorks
- Experience and knowledge of FEA modelling
- Substantial experience in system or product design; from concept, through to detail design, to
scale-up and volume manufacturing
- Intuitive understanding of risk management
- Understanding of plastic moulding part and tool design (particularly high volume)
- Tolerance analysis for mass production
- Knowledge of assembly processes and good DFMA skills
- Understanding of quality control and risk management
- Working knowledge and experience of the regulatory environment in the USA and EU
- Customer focus, with a professional and confident communication style
You will get:
Variety – Opportunity to work across a range of sectors, on different types of assignments (including feasibility studies leading to prototypes, full -blown development project and consultancy)
Structure – as they’re project orientated they have a flexible structure. Your career progress is based on your ability and personal growth; it isn’t dependent on gaps opening up in an org chart.
Impact - your interests and ideas can help to shape the work they sell and the work you do. They don’t have dedicated sales team which allows everyone to get involved in working with potential clients to help shape work.
Please note: Applicants must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.