A modern DSP approach is required by this traditional audio company. This role is far more complex than designing digital audio EQ filters, hence requires more recent design approaches.
You will push forward the algorithm development within this audio company for their traditional recording studio market and a new upcoming area. Your mathematical background will be outstanding and you may have gone on to complete a PhD where you researched DSP techniques. Alternatively your commercial experience will outline your design success in leading edge DSP algorithms.
The requirements are:
- At least a 2.1 degree in a technical subject from a world class university
- Algorithm research using Python or MATLAB
- Significant understanding and experience of digital and statistical signal analysis
- A passion and ability in coding on dedicated DSP chips
- Experience coding with embedded SHARC and/or ARM processors
Any of the following skills will be a bonus
- Aptitude for coding in C++
- An understanding of real-time embedded systems
- Exposure to machine learning applied to audio signals
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong mathematical background and a passion for audio systems. The existing members of the company are all audiophiles providing a strong team environment within a pleasant office and full range of staff benefits.
Keywords: DSP Algorithm development, Audio systems, Python, MATLAB, SHARC, machine learning based analysis, aeroacoustics, Acoustic Engineering, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.