Embedded Software Architect (23729)
Are audio systems your passion? Can you make a major contribution to system design in both software and hardware? Then this is an opportunity to take your leadership skills to the next level.
You will play the lead role in developing the audio systems for this company; hence must have significant software experience in both embedded and applications to enable you to drive forward architectural design. Ideally this will be combined with a good mathematical background and hardware design skills. They are looking for an all-rounder, i.e. full product development experience from concept through to approvals. However since much of this is software development and the must-have skill is strong architectural software experience. You will also need to have the strength of character to convey your designs to the existing small team effectively.
The requirements are:
- At least a 2.1 degree in a technical subject from a world class university
- Proficiency and in depth understanding of real-time embedded systems
- Experience with embedded SHARC and/or ARM processors
- Strong interpersonal, team and communication skills
Any of the following skills will be a bonus
- Aptitude for small amount of 3D modelling and mechanical design
- A passion and ability in coding on dedicated DSP chips
- Significant understanding and experience of FPGA design (preferably Xilinx/VHDL)
This is an excellent opportunity to build up an existing small team as a confident contributor, coming up with innovative and creative ideas. There are prospects to take a management role in the medium term. This is an established company providing a full range of staff benefits.
Keywords: Embedded software architect, Algorithm development, Audio systems, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.