Based predominately in their Cambridge offices with client trips to sites around the world, an experienced Field Service Engineer is sought to join this scientific product development company. In this role, the Field Service Engineer will work closely with customers and be responsible for full field service support (including installation, maintenance and upgrades).
- Degree or HND in Engineering or Science.
- Industry experience as a Field Service Engineer with scientific instrumentation.
- Knowledge of electronics, optics, fluidics, and control systems. Must be able to read technical procedures, wiring schematics and engineering drawings.
- Good communication skills.
- Valid driving licence and passport. Must be able to pass CRB checks.
- Open to travelling (up to 50% of your time could be away).
- Due to the nature of the role, applicants must be physically fit and possess the manual dexterity to work with precision instruments / components.
These instruments are usually found in scientific laboratories, and so a good appreciation of the required safety processes is expected.
In return, as well as an excellent salary, remunerations include share options, pension, and life insurance. The company are also supportive of careers and developing skills through training courses if required.
Electronics / Optics / Life Science / Controls, Instrumentation, Travelling, Customer-Facing
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.