Are you completing your PhD in the next 3 months? or working in your first postdoc position, and decided academia isn’t for you and you want to work on applied industry projects?
Our client started as a university research project that over the years have established themselves as an innovative technology platform for highly precision controls and positioning for miniaturised engineering. With several successful projects under their belt, they are looking to enter new markets and are keen to grow their team.
Their “entry level” role for their Controls team is at the PhD level (there are a number of bright, advanced-degree qualified people in the team), where the main multidisciplinary projects consist of development, build and test of control algorithms, and interfacing with customers.
- Solid academic background – 1st / high 2.1 in Physics or Engineering from a top ranked university (expected to have A/A* A-levels in physics and further maths), and a hands-on PhD where you can demonstrate a build of instrumentation, microprocessors, control systems, or test-rigs (similar level of experience through industry work would also be considered).
- Strong demonstrable experience in experimental design.
- A broad spectrum of skills covering electronics, physics, mechanics and software.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Additional skills with MATLAB or Python would be advantageous.
This is an exciting applied role, where you can develop your skills and be part of an exciting time at this company. You can therefore expect to work on interesting projects, develop your leadership skills on multidisciplinary projects and gain responsibilities. Further, an excellent salary is on offer. Be part of this company as they expand into their newly refurbished offices in the city of Cambridge.
1st / 2.1 + PhD, Physics, Control Systems, Engineering, Electronics, Software, Design / Development / Build / Test
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.