Software Developer (23752)
This is a fantastic position for a Software Developer to implement real-world mathematical models into everyday systems. We all know traffic flow is a major issue; this is your chance improve the daily commute for thousands of drivers on British roads.
You will play the lead role in implementing this company’s algorithms, hence must have a solid coding background in C# and sufficient maths skills to understand the algorithms you would be implementing.
The requirements are:
- At least a 2.1 degree in a technical subject from a world class university
- Proficiency and in depth understanding of C# with a focus on desktop applications
- Significant understanding and experience of .NET
- Aptitude for all aspects of software development from algorithms to GUI
- Identify and implement performance improvements in application code
- Commercial software development experience using modern methods is essential
- A passion and aptitude for mathematical problems
This is an excellent opportunity to build up an existing small software team as a confident contributor, coming up with innovative and creative ideas as well as having the chance to be involved in the development of mathematical models for traffic flow. This is an established company providing a full range of staff benefits.
Keywords: C# .NET 4.5, WinForms using C#, LINQ within C#, SCRUM, Mercurial SCM, Algorithm development, Lincoln, Newark, Sheffield
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.