Linux Admin / IT Support Engineer (23762)
This medium sized electronics product company requires a Linux Admin / IT Support Engineer to join their team. As well as the typical IT infrastructure there is the additional interest of supporting Linux based VOD, streaming and middleware servers.
As the Linux Admin / IT Support Engineer you will have a good technical degree and will need to be smart enough and confident in dealing with R&D team members developing network based products. During your career so far you will have gained significant experience in the following:
- Solid commercial experience as a Linux systems administrator especially firewalls, Apache and Nginx, Git and CVS, shell scripting
- Expertise with systems management, network configuration and deployment tools
- Ideally, experience in assisting with software deployment to live systems
- Expert knowledge of TCP/IP networks (subnets, DHCP, DNS, routing configuration)
- Expert knowledge of databases (MS SQL Server, MySQL)
They are also using the following technologies: Cloud (AWS, Azure), Linux package management, automation (chef, ansible, puppet), containers (docker, kubernetes) so existing experience of these will be a plus.
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding company with a possible career path to IT Manager or DevOps role. The company is situated in a pleasant modern building to the west of Cambridge with the benefit of an onsite restaurant.
Keywords: Linux, Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, VMWare ESX, LDAP, NTP, Samba/NFS, Apache, Open VPN, IPTables, Bind, Version Control systems – Git and CVS
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.