This is a role for a software support engineer with commercial experience. Work in a scientific software product company, interacting with clients and colleagues to offer high quality support and assurance to client companies. Gain a lot of expertise with this scientific software product.
Key requirements are:
- A good degree in computing, science or engineering
- Several years commercial experience in a technical support role, handling issues from the elementary to the advanced and investigatory
- Strong IT skills on Windows or Linux, including configuration of: IIS or Apache, Active Directory or LDAP, and Kerberos.
- Good customer facing skills, including the ability to cope well with demanding clients and to follow through to issues’ resolution
- Excellent English skills both written and spoken, and unrestricted ability to live and work full time in Cambridge, UK
Any additional familiarity with CAD, CAE or PLM software would be beneficial, as would be European and/or Asian language skills (in addition to excellent English).
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.