This is an excellent opportunity to expand your embedded software skills into new platforms and operating systems. In this role you will be architecting embedded software solutions to incorporate leading edge sensor technology to a variety of products.
As the Principal Software Developer you will have several years commercial experience developing embedded C and C++. This will be backed-up with an outstanding technical degree from a known leading university.
In summary this role requires:
- Software system architecture and overall planning
- Developing in C/C++ using microcontroller vendors’ IDEs
- Experience of stand-alone and low power MCU Systems in high volume consumer products
- Communication interface and interrupt handling expertise
A bonus would be:
- An understanding of semiconductor / MEMS technology
- Some exposure to low level analogue electronics
- Knowledge of Android and other operating systems
This position is within a mixed discipline development team with experts covering the electronics side and algorithm implementation. There are possibilities to explore new areas of software development and platforms. Overall an excellent opportunity to develop leading edge designs for novel new products. Many of these products will be launched on the high street so the role has the pleasure of seeing your work in everyday products.
Keywords: Embedded C, higher level C++, sensors, low power MCU, Linux, Android, Cambridge
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.