This successful and financially secure start-up company is looking for a progressive-thinking Build Engineer to join their team developing complex software tools. You will work alongside the simulations team, a group of dedicated theoretical physicists and computational scientists who are developing transformational technology to push the boundaries of fusion power generation.
The Software Build Engineer will develop and improve the build system; to this end they will have a deep understanding of continuous integration best practices. The robust quality and validation of the development code is critical to the company’s business plan hence this is a senior role for a candidate who will provide the authority to develop and manage software processes and procedures.
The wider technical skills of the Software Build Engineer are more important than experience with particular tools.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Maths or similar with significant industry experience
- Experience developing continuous integration and deployment pipelines within a software development team
- Strong programming and scripting skills with Python
- Experience in developing high quality software and enthusiasm for continual improvement
- Team player who collaborates well with software developers
This company offers a friendly working environment near Oxford. There is an excellent salary and benefits package on offer with flexibility around working hours, share options and free lunches.
Keywords: Continuous Integration, Deployment Pipeline, Python, Bamboo, JIRA, Git, C++, Oxford
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.