Are you a System Test Developer with strong hardware and software skills? The focus of this role is to drive forward the production test methods while working within the R&D team. In doing this you will have a strong input into the original design to ensure the product is testable.
As the System Test Developer you will work within the hardware design team, since the role is predominantly hardware design of a testing solution. Obviously for the test system to operate it will need a certain amount of software to support this, it is anticipated you will be able to write this software.
This is a superb role for an ambitious production test engineer to move into R&D and contribute to the product development within a small team. You will be involved in the complete life cycle of products, working with software, firmware and hardware team members.
This role will suit a bright engineer with a technical degree from a good university and a significant level of commercial experience including:
- Planning and creation of quality test plans, with test coverage analysis
- Confidence in providing technical support and training to test operators as required
- A comprehensive understanding of measurement and test principles, and equipment
- Broad bench working skills, both with test equipment and practical hands-on electronics
- Familiarity with design of power supplies, amplifiers and digital circuits
- Awareness of latest FPGA technologies and some VHDL experience
- Some software knowledge, Python, C, C++
- A bonus would be
- Embedded C/C++ experience for ARM/Nios II processors
- Altium Designer experience
Excellent prospects await the right candidate in a permanent role in an exciting start-up style environment. It is a good team culture, with regular social events taking place. In addition to a competitive salary, the role offers an attractive benefits package.
Keywords: Production test design, electronics, VHDL, FPGA, Python, Cambridge.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.