The software engineer will take responsibility for both front-end and back-end activities and so needs to have full development lifecycle experience (including documentation, testing and refactoring of software systems.)
- Degree qualified (ideally in computer science or mathematical software engineering).
- Demonstrable experience in software engineering, working with a compiled language such as C++ or Java.
- Understanding of applied algorithms and data structures for software tools.
- Understanding of web technologies.
- Experience with cross-platform technologies.
- Experience in bioinformatics or proteomic projects.
The company is flexible on the precise profile of interested candidates, but applications must demonstrate a software engineering background and interest in working with Perl on scientific applications. In return, you can expect an excellent salary and work with bright peers on scientific projects.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.