Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (23887)
Summary: Mechanical Design, Consumer Product Design, SolidWorks, Oxford, to £55k.
This growing company specialises in the development of easily adjusted lenses using opto-mechanical techniques. With creative new products already in the marketplace, the next phase of design and development is underway. To facilitate this, our client is looking for a creative and innovative Mechanical Design Engineer to meet both the user and aesthetic requirements together with the ability to manufacture efficiently.
This is a senior role hence demonstrable experience across design and manufacture is required.
- Good degree in a relevant subject from a well-ranked university (e.g. mechanical engineering, product design engineering)
- Advanced 3D SolidWorks
- Working with a variety of manufacturing techniques including injection moulding
- Tolerance analysis and precision design
- Ability to take a holistic approach across aesthetics, mechanisms and manufacturing
- Experience working with product designers to create a great user experience
Keywords: Opto-Mechanical, Manufacturing, CAD, SolidWorks, Product Design, dFMEA, Oxford.
This is a superb opportunity for an enthusiastic Mechanical Designer to work in this high-tech collaborative environment. An excellent package is on offer.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.