A Junior Statistician is sought by this boutique consultancy to join their growing biostatistics team in Q2 / Q3 2018. The company are headquartered in Cambridge (with smaller offices in London and in Asia), working with global customers. They operate in the complex sector of clinical, medical, and healthcare markets, provide expertise in areas including drug design processes, disease modelling and governance.
Quantitative analyses of data from clinical trials to published models are at the forefront of several ongoing and future projects, and so they are looking to expand their biostatistics team. Key aspects include regression analyses, Bayesian statistics and other emerging techniques.
- 1st / 2.1 degree qualification in maths, theorectical physics or statistics, and ideally a Masters or PhD in applied statistics.
- Project experience in quantitative data analysis including substantial use of R and SAS. Demonstrable experience in trial data is advantageous.
- Background using statistical methods.
- Good communication skills – the role is to work with clients and so the ability to present and discuss projects is required (both written and spoken).
- An interest / passion for healthcare.
With customers based around the world, some international travel to attend client meetings or conferences is expected (possibly two to three times a year). Further, a key profile point will be attention to detail; understanding data and being able to extrapolate trends and build quantitative models is essential.
In return, the successful candidate can expect a supportive company, and a good remunerations package.
Note, candidates are only being considered for a Q2 / Q3 2018 start.
Quantitative Analysis, R, SAS, Clinical Data, Bayesian, Regression, Healthcare
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.
Recommend for £250 – see www.ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend for details.