Working closely with the CTO, you will put the architectural backbone behind a formerly “skunkworks” blockchain project, a major direction for the company’s future work, with full commitment from the board of directors. The role requires an excellent communicator, capable of discussing finer technical points with the CTO, describing the architecture in layman’s terms to investors, and communicating the design to senior developers.
You will need:
- A good degree in computer science or a related subject from a top university
- Commercial experience as a software architect on multiple projects, each of which has a sizeable depth and architectural complexity
- Prior commercial experience as a software engineer (though this is not a “hands on” coding position) including the ability to digest a codebase to learn its architecture and spot pitfalls
- Relevant expertise in areas such as distributed computing, networking and communications (to packet level), applicable mathematics, peer-to-peer technology and cryptography
- An understanding of the successes and pitfalls of extant blockchain architectures
- Exceptional attention to detail at all levels of a design, and the ability to predict and avoid performance and other issues during implementation and solve these at design time
Interested? Send your CV to ECM Selection; whilst we can only put forward the top few candidates, we do read every CV and try to respond to everyone. Or recommend a friend for £250, details at http://ecmselection.co.uk/tell-a-friend.
Please note: even if you don't have exactly the background indicated, do contact us now if this type of job is of interest - we may well have similar opportunities that you would be suited to. And of course, we always get your permission before submitting your CV to a company.